Art Clay World approved senior instructor Julia Rai teaches this three day intermediate skills Art Clay Diploma Level 1.
The curriculum is set by Aida Chemicals, the manufacturer of Art Clay, in association with the European Art Clay distributors and the qualification is recognised across Europe. Holders of the Art Clay Diploma at Level 1 are permitted to run introductory Art Clay classes and get a 15% discount on Art Clay products from the authorised distributors.
The class cost includes all materials and the Art Clay World Level 1 Diploma fee.
Level: Some previous experience
Timings: 10am - 5pm each day
This course is fully taught by Julia Rai. You will have completed sample pieces to look at, step by step samples as examples to show you what you need to achieve at each point, demonstrations and hands-on, individual assistance and direction from Julia. The pieces you produce will be your own work but at every step, you will have the expertise and experience of Julia to help you achieve the standards required.
The updated Art Clay Diploma replaced the previous Art Clay Certification in January 2013. At Level 1 students complete six projects during the three day course and must meet the required standards. This is not a beginner level course; you must have worked with silver clay before attending. Our Beginners Metal Clay one day class would be sufficient to prepare you for this course although you will need to have practiced working with the clay at home after the course to be really ready. If you have attended a beginners or introductory silver metal clay class somewhere else, this may also be sufficient. If you are in doubt, please call us to discuss in more detail.
The projects you will complete are:-
- Impressions pendant
- Natural leaf pendant
- Filigree earrings
- Syringe decorated ring
- Brooch with mirror polish
- Ring with moulded element and pearl
This class will cover:-
- Using textures
- Setting embeddable, fire-in-place stones and findings
- Using paste to paint a leaf
- Using syringe to create a filigree effect
- Using cork clay to support hollow forms
- Ring making including calculating ring shrinkage
- Using syringe and paste for decoration
- Polishing and finishing to a high standard including mirror polishing
- Using two part moulding compound
- Embedding fine silver wire to attach pearl after firing
On successful completion of this Level, you will be eligible to progress to Art Clay Diploma Level 2. You can take the Level 2 class any time after passing Level 1.
Art Clay Level 1 26-08-2017 FULL
- Product Code: Art Clay Level 1 26-08-2017
- Availability: Out Of Stock