This three hour taster class is designed for complete beginners to silver metal clay. In a relaxed class, you’ll learn about silver clay and make between three and five small items of jewellery. We’ll show you how to work with silver metal clay using simple tools which you may already have at home.
All materials are included in the price.
Level: Complete beginner
Timings: 10am - 1pm
This half day silver metal clay taster class is for people new to the fantastic medium of metal clay who want to learn what it can do. No previous experience of metal clay or jewellery making is needed. You’ll be guided through every step by an experienced metal clay tutor and we guarantee you’ll come out with some great jewellery.
In this short taster, you'll learn:-
- How to handle and store the clay
- How to roll it out to a consistent thickness
- How to texture the clay and cut it into shapes
- Methods of refining the dry pieces
- How to fire your pieces using a small butane torch
- How to polish and finish your pieces
You'll make a simple pendant or charm to your own design or copy one of our samples to get you started. Then you’ll have a bit of freedom to create one or two additional pieces.
This class is designed for complete beginners, giving you confidence to create your own wonderful designs after leaving the class. You will take home the pieces you make on the class to show your friends!
Metal Clay Taster (am) 12-05-2018 - FULL
- Product Code: Metal Clay Taster (am) 12-05-2018
- Availability: Out Of Stock