Write your own lesson with this two day private class with Julia Rai. This one-to-one class will cover all kinds of colour techniques as listed below and also allows you the opportunity to add in any other subjects that can be fitted into the two days. All colouring materials are included in the price but metal clay will be extra or you are welcome to bring your own.
Want to find out how to work with metal clay? Add that in. Interested in learning kiln fired enamel, no problem. And this class can run on dates convenient to you, no need to fit in with a scheduled class. Email us to set the date and let us know what you want to cover.
In this two day intermediate level class you will be exploring a wide variety of ways to add colour to your metal work. Lots of examples will be on display and you'll have a wide range of colouring resources to experiment with.
This class will cover:
- Torch fired enamelling on fine silver - great for metal
- Using acrylic, ceramic and glass paints
- Using acrylic metallics, dimensional paints and glitter
- Using effect paints like Pebeo Fantasy Prisme and Fantasy
- Using dye oxides and metal coatings
- Using alcohol inks, patinas, metallic and iridescent inks
- Using Swellegant Metal Coatings and Dye Oxides
- Using ceramic and alcohol ink pens
- Using Pearlex Powders
- Using Efcolor Cold Enamel
- Using pastes and waxes
- Using coloured pencils
- Adding and sealing colour with resin
- Adding gold using the Keum Boo technique
- Using patina processes like Liver of Sulphur and heat
- Using resists
Students should bring along as many fine silver sample pieces as they can to practice enamel and keum boo on but plenty of metal blanks will be provided to practice the paints, resins, inks etc.
This class will run at the Bugle studio.
Adding Colour to Metal Private Class-2 days
- Product Code: Colour-private2
- Availability: 1