This privacy statement explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and how we will keep it safe.
We respect your privacy and will never share your personalinformation with any third party, other company or individual unless it is partof our service or we are required to by the Law. This is in accordance with theGeneral Data Protection Regulation.
The legal bases we rely on are as follows:-
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. An example of this is when you tick the newsletter consent box.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with ourcontractual obligations. This means that if you buy a product for homedelivery, we will use the address data you have given us to process the orderand/or the telephone number and email address to keep you informed about thestatus of your order.
Or if you book to attend a class or course, wewill send you an email, phone you or post something out to you with furtherinformation to help you get the most from the experience and to inform you ofimportant health and safety requirements.
When booking a place on a class running between the hours of 9amand 5pm during term time, we ask if you have a criminal record or not. This isa yes or no answer, no further information is needed. There is also an opt outoption if you would prefer not to answer the question. This question is askedbecause the classes run on the college campus during a time when young studentsare in attendance. For safeguarding reasons, all class attendees must bechecked for a criminal record. If you answer yes or you opt out of answering,we cannot have you on a course. If you have paid for the course, we will refundyou immediately. We may also offer you the option of transferring the bookingto a time when college students are not on site, for example during collegeholidays or at the weekend.
When is your data collected?
- When youcreate an account with us.
- When you visit our website and use youraccount to buy a product or book a class, or redeem vouchers on the phone, inperson or online.
- When you make an online purchase and check outas a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you purchase a product or service inperson or by phone.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries,complaints etc.
- When you comment on or review our productsand/or classes.
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if anaccident happens while you are on a course we will collect your personal datain our accident book.
- When you attend a qualification orcertification class we will ask you to fill in a form with your personalinformation which is subsequently sent to Metal Clay Ltd in order to generateyour certificate.
What data do we collect?
- If you have an online account with us: yourname, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephonenumber. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your loginpassword.
- If you place an order by phone or email: yourname, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephonenumber.
- Details of your visits to our website andwhich site you came from to ours.
- Your social media username, if you interactwith us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questionsor feedback.
How do we use yourpersonal data?
- To process any orders that you make by usingour website, calling or emailing us or in person. If we don’t collect yourpersonal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order andcomply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries, refund requestsand complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We mayalso keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and todemonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis ofour contractual obligations to you.
- With your consent, we will use your personaldata and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, textor telephone about changes to your product order or class booking.
- To send you communications required by law orwhich are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provideyou. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice and legally requiredinformation relating to your orders.
- To send you survey and feedback requests tohelp improve our services.
- You are free to opt out of hearing from us byany of these channels at any time.
How we protect yourdata
Our website does not store or capture personal information,unless voluntarily offered (for example via sales orders, contact forms oremail), but merely logs the user's IP address which is automatically recognisedby the web server.
Where the provision of personal data is required to enable us toprovide a specific service to the user, the details collected will only be usedfor the stated purpose. Storage of personal data complies with the InformationCommissioner's guidelines.
Any financial details given to us directly or sent via ouronline system will not be stored or collected. All payments online and over thephone are taken through a secure online booking system. This information isconfidential and we will not keep or share these details with anyone.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, andsensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
How long will we keepyour data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll onlykeep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted completely. Whenyou place an order for a product or book a class, we’ll keep your personal datafor seven years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
Who do we share your data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted thirdparties. For example, if you attend and pass an Art Clay Diploma class, wewill share your personal data with Metal Clay Ltd so they can process yourqualification, generate your certificate and apply your discount.
- Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep yourdata safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform theirspecific task.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify inour contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy isrespected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by themwill either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Your rights over the personal data we holdabout you
When you log into your account with us, you will see a GDPR tools section. In this section you can change your information, password or newsletter consent, download your account information, request a report showing the personal information we hold about you or remove your data completely from our systems.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- That we delete your information from our systems.
You have the right to request a copy of anyinformation about you that we hold at any time, and also to have thatinformation corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, pleaselog into your account and follow the GDPR tools section. You will find information on how to request a copy of your information there. To ask for your information to be amended, pleaseupdate your online account.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to useyour personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time andwithdraw that consent.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of yourinformation, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with anyrequest you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a thirdparty to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they haveyour permission to act.
To make full use of the online shoppingfeatures on our website, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need toaccept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain features of thiswebsite by using them.
Our cookies don't store sensitive informationsuch as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that,once you're signed in, is associated with this information. However, if you'dprefer to restrict, block or delete cookies, you can use your browser to dothis. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particularbrowser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change yourcookie preferences.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when youvisit certain web pages, which we use to keep track of what you have in yourbasket, and to remember you when you return to our site. So what are they andwhy do we use them?
You can turn off cookies and still use our site but you may havetrouble buying anything.
Cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personallyidentifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, butwe do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve yourexperience of the site.
We're giving you this information to both comply withlegislation and make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when usingour website.
Please also read our before booking a course or class with us.
Please also read ourterms and conditions
before booking a course or class with us.