Write your own lesson with this two day private class with Julia Rai. This one-to-one class will cover all kinds of colour techniques including torch firing enamel.
10 in stock
Write your own lesson with this two day adding colour to metal private class with Julia Rai. This one-to-one class will cover all kinds of techniques for adding colour to metal as listed below and also allows you the opportunity to add in any other subjects that can be fitted into the two days. All colouring materials are included in the price but metal clay will be extra or you are welcome to bring your own.
Customise this class
Want to find out how to work with metal clay? Add that in. Interested in learning kiln fired enamel, no problem. And this class can run on dates convenient to you, no need to fit in with a scheduled class. Email us to set the date and let us know what you want to cover.
What will you learn on this class?
In this two day intermediate level class you will be exploring a wide variety of ways of adding colour to metal to include in your work. Lots of examples will be on display and you’ll have a wide range of colouring resources to experiment with.
This class will cover using:
- acrylic, ceramic and glass paints
- acrylic metallics, dimensional paints and glitter paints
- effect paints like Pebeo Fantasy Prisme and Fantasy Moon
- dye oxides and metal coatings
- alcohol inks, patinas, metallic and iridescent inks
- Swellegant Metal Coatings and Dye Oxides
- ceramic and alcohol ink pens
- Pearlex Powders
- Efcolor Cold Enamel
- pastes and waxes
- coloured pencils
- patina processes like Liver of Sulphur and heat patinas
- how to use resists so you get the colour just where you want it
- Adding and sealing colour with resin
- Torch fired enamelling on fine silver – great for metal clay!
- Adding gold using the Keum Boo technique
Students should bring along as many fine silver sample pieces as they can to practice enamel and keum boo on but plenty of metal blanks will be provided to practice the paints, resins, inks etc.
Why not combine this class with our texture making private class? Go home with a huge range of new techniques to use in your work.