£50.00 – £499.00
Fantastic offer – Anna Mazon’s Masterclass Bundle! Buy both of Anna Mazon’s classes together and benefit from a £51 discount on the price of each class bought individually – bundle price £499. Classes run from Wednesday 20th – Saturday 23rd April 2022.
Fantastic offer – Anna Mazon’s Masterclass Bundle! Buy both of Anna Mazon’s classes together and benefit from a £51 discount on the price of each class bought individually – bundle price £499.
Classes run from Wednesday 20th – Saturday 23rd April 2022
Included in Anna Mazon’s Masterclass Bundle
Fantasy Eye Pendant
This is a three day metal clay workshop to make a Fantasy Eye Pendant with Polish metal clay artist and tutor Anna Mazon. Included in the price is 30g Art Clay Silver so you won’t need to bring anything with you – unless you want to work big!
This class runs from Wednesday 20th to Friday 22nd April 2022.
This class is packed with lots of different techniques. It features an eye motif (hollow from the back) and various sculptural ornaments which create a narrative context for the eye and a bezel set stone in the shape of your choice.
Depending on your preference, the eye can be made into a dragon eye, an eye of the ocean, or something else. Wonderful textures, interesting shapes, lots of tricks for creating secure openwork constructions in metal clay, semi hollow forms and working with wet coils – this is what this workshop is about. Every student will leave the workshop with their own, different fantasy eye pendant allowing you to develop your own designs when you get home.
What are the main objectives of this workshop?
You will learn to:-
- make a metal clay, stylised eye
- create different types of irises and pupils
- create various organic looking textures on the coils, the eye and other elements
- plan a nice, flowing design
- make a secure openwork construction
- make a bezel setting for the stone in the shape of your choice
- create interesting effects using paste
What does the price include?
30g Art Clay Silver
What do I need to bring?
- If you have any favourite tools please bring them. This includes your favourite moulds and textures. Anna will be showing how to make everything from scratch so you don’t need to bring anything. But you may want to bring tiny moulds if you have something specific you’d like to create.
- A stone – whatever shape and size, but not bigger than 15 mm.
Miniature Teddy Bear
Also in Anna Mazon’s Masterclass Bundle is this one day metal clay workshop to make a miniature hollow teddy bear with Polish metal clay artist and tutor Anna Mazon. Included in the price is 10g fine silver metal clay.
This class will run on Saturday 23rd April 2022.
Timings: 10am – 5pm
As usual with Anna Mazon’s classes, it will be packed with lots of different techniques. This one day class is for those who love tiny, cute creatures. Creating a tiny teddy bear, which is mainly hollow inside (to save on clay) is not as difficult as it might seem. It’s just about following certain steps and using your imagination. Your teddy bear can hold a tiny heart or have a miniature tie or maybe a necklace… This class is about playing with miniature shapes and having a lot of fun!
You will learn working in a small scale, building tiny, hollow elements and creating details in both wet and dry clay.
What are the main objectives of this teddy bear workshop?
- learn to make petite hollow shapes
- try your hand at sculpting in wet clay
- try your hand at creating fine details in dry clay
- learn different ways of creating textures in dry clay
- learn different ways of finishing fired pieces to get different looks
What is included in the price?
10g Art Clay Silver
What do I need to bring?
- If you have any favourite tools please bring them.
- You will need a fine file (really, really important – fine, round file with a pointy end please! Essential for working in dry clay)
- Something with a pointy end
- A stainless steel burnisher/toothpick/needle tool etc
- Scalpel blades or something similar.