This is a two day metal clay workshop in which you will learn to make a Climbing Rose Pendant with Polish metal clay artist and tutor Anna Mazon. 20g Art Clay Silver is included in the price. This class runs from Thursday 30th May 2019 to Friday 31st May 2019. You can book this class individually or get the special bundle price if you take both this class and the Fantasy Eye Pendant class.
10 in stock
This is a two day metal clay workshop in which you will learn to make a Climbing Rose Pendant with Polish metal clay artist and tutor Anna Mazon. You can book this class individually or get the special bundle price if you take both this class and the Fantasy Eye Pendant class.
This class runs from Thursday 30th May 2019 to Friday 31st May 2019.
This pendant features a really unusual, elongated bead cap construction, adorned with beautiful, fully handmade, climbing flowers, interlacing coils and other small ornaments. Interesting construction techniques, making long hollow tubes without using extruder, various approaches to working with coils wet and dry is what this workshop is about.
Pieces created during this class may look in many different ways – you don’t have to make climbing roses although we will be focusing on this. For those interested Anna will show you for example how to make beautiful morning glories. We will also be making a matching, flowery bail for your pendant.
As usual in Anna’s classes, using the same set of techniques everyone can create something slightly different.
What are the main objectives of this workshop?
You will learn how to:-
- make a long piece of tubing out of metal clay (hollow form), without using an extruder
- create various types of ornamentation using coils (working wet and dry)
- make tiny, totally hand made roses or morning glories
- make a nice and strong construction consisting of a bead cap and long piece of metal clay tubing
- create an articulated bail
- assemble the bead, bead cap and the bail together in a nice, clean way
What is included in the price?
20g Art Clay Silver
What do I need to bring?
- If you have any favourite tools please bring them.
- Beads- fully drilled – anything between 10 and 18 mm. It’s good to have a few to choose from.
- Two pieces of wire – both thicker than 0.5 mm (24 gauge), but one additionally thicker than the other (for example 0.5 and 0.6 mm or 0.5 and 0.7 mm or 0.6 and 0.7 mm etc.). They should be around 10 cm long (or more) and rather straight. The thicker one in the pair doesn’t have to be silver – it can be anything.