To buy this class, click here. This will open a new window to Jewellers Academy.
Fancy Bezels, Prongs and Bails in Metal Clay with Julia Rai is an online class which Julia recorded for Jewellery School Online. Joining the Jewellers Academy opens up lots of benefits for anyone wanting to start a jewellery business. Annual membership can be paid for all in one go or by easy instalment payments.
To buy this class, click here. This will open a new window to Jewellery School Online.
Silver metal clay is a magical material that allows you to make solid silver jewellery from the kitchen table. Learn from one of the world’s greatest metal clay jewelers and tutors Julia Rai in this fun and informative course.
What is metal clay?
It is a clay-based substance, containing millions of tiny silver particles. You can shape it like you would clay or a soft plasticine but after firing it with a small kitchen hand torch, all of the clay burns away leaving you with a solid silver piece that is hallmark quality. It’s amazing!
Move your metal clay skills up a level with this intermediate/ advanced level metal clay class taught by expert metal clay artist Julia Rai.
What will I learn?
Two interesting stone setting techniques:
- Fancy bezels in metal clay (to set natural stones)
- A prong setting (to set fire-in place stones) creating each prong out of metal clay by hand.
Plus ways to embellish your work with:
- Small components to add detail
- Different bail types to add interest
You will also learn:
- How to use jewellers investment to make a mould of your stone
- Design ideas on how to create interesting layered designs
- Plus lots of tips and tricks that Julia shares along the way
Who is this course for?
We do recommend that you are confident in working in metal clay and creating pendants and charms before taking this course and would advise completing Julia’s Beginners Metal Clay course as well as the Intermediate Metal Clay course in basic stone setting with Anna Campbell.
What is included in the course?
- Lifetime access to the course content to come back to anytime you like – watch on your computer, phone or ipad anytime 24/7
- This course contains 11 bite-sized video modules
- Comprehensive downloadable course notes (PDF)
- A full list of all tools and materials needed (if you work in metal clay you will have most of these already)
- Support via email or through our community of jewellers in the Jewellers Academy Facebook Group