This is a three day metal clay workshop in which you will make a Fantasy Eye Pendant with Polish metal clay artist and tutor Anna Mazon. 30g Art Clay Silver is included in the price. You can save money by booking this class together with the Miniature Teddy Bear class with Anna which runs on Saturday 23rd April 2022. Click here to book the Anna Mazon workshop bundle at a reduction of £51. This class runs from Wednesday 20th to Friday 22nd April 2022.
2 in stock
This is a three day metal clay workshop to make a Fantasy Eye Pendant with Polish metal clay artist and tutor Anna Mazon. You can save money by booking this class together with the Miniature Teddy Bear class which runs on Saturday 23rd April 2022. Click here to book the Anna Mazon workshop bundle at a reduction of £51. You can also pay by instalments for the masterclass bundle so it’s easier to afford both classes.
This class runs from Wednesday 20th to Friday 22nd April 2022.
This class is packed with lots of different techniques. It features an eye motif (hollow from the back) and various sculptural ornaments. Together, they create a narrative context for the eye. You’ll also bezel set a stone in the shape of your choice.
Depending on your preference, the eye can be made into a dragon eye, an eye of the ocean, or something else. Wonderful textures, interesting shapes, lots of tricks for creating secure openwork constructions in metal clay, semi hollow forms and working with wet coils – this is what this workshop is about. Every student will leave the workshop with their own, different fantasy eye pendant allowing you to develop your own designs when you get home.
What are the main objectives of this workshop?
You will learn to:-
- make a metal clay, stylised eye
- create different types of irises and pupils
- create various organic looking textures on the coils, the eye and oher elements
- plan a nice, flowing design
- make a secure openwork construction
- make a bezel setting for the stone in the shape of your choice
- create interesting effects using paste
What does the price include?
30g Art Clay Silver
What do I need to bring?
- If you have any favourite tools please bring them. This includes your favourite moulds and textures. Anna will be showing how to make everything from scratch, for example claws, teeth, tiny fish – if someone chooses to work with the ocean theme for instance – but in some cases tiny moulds might be useful anyway.
- A stone – whatever shape and size, but not bigger than 15 mm.