This is a three day metal clay workshop in which you will make a Fantasy Eye Pendant with Polish metal clay artist and tutor Anna Mazon. 30g Art Clay Silver is included in the price. This class runs from Sunday 26th May 2019 to Tuesday 28th May 2019. You can book this class individually or get the special bundle price if you take both this class and the Climbing Rose Pendant class.
9 in stock
This is a three day metal clay workshop in which you will make a Fantasy Eye Pendant with Polish metal clay artist and tutor Anna Mazon. You can book this class individually or get the special bundle price if you take both this class and the Climbing Rose Pendant class.
This class will run on Sunday 26th May 2019 to Tuesday 28th May 2019.
As usual with Anna Mazon’s classes, it will be packed with lots of different techniques, featuring an eye motif (hollow from the back) and various sculptural ornaments which create a narrative context for the eye and a bezel set stone in the shape of your choice.
The eye can be made into a dragon eye, but also an eye of the ocean, or something else depending on your preference when it comes to additional ornaments. Wonderful textures, interesting shapes, lots of tricks for creating secure openwork constructions in metal clay, semi hollow forms and working with wet coils – this is what this workshop is about. Every student will leave the workshop with their own, different fantasy eye pendant.
What are the main objectives of this workshop?
You will learn to:-
- make a metal clay, stylised eye and different types of irises and pupils will be shown
- create various organic looking textures on the coils, the eye and oher elements
- plan a nice, flowing design
- make a secure openwork construction
- make a bezel setting for the stone in the shape of your choice
- create interesting effects using paste
What is included in the price?
30g Art Clay Silver
What do I need to bring?
- If you have any favourite tools please bring them. This includes your favourite moulds and textures. Anna will be showing how to make everything from scratch, for example claws, teeth, tiny fish – if someone chooses to work with the ocean theme for instance – but in some cases tiny moulds might be useful anyway.
- A stone – whatever shape and size, but not bigger than 15 mm.