Please note, by booking a course or class with us or buying a product, you are agreeing to be bound by our terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes are effective as soon as they are posted on our website. It is your responsibility to check our terms and conditions whenever you use the website or online booking system. Your continued use of the website will signify your acceptance of our latest terms and conditions.
Updated June 2021 – We are now expecting to be coming out of lockdown in July and the hope is that this will allow us to run larger group classes. We have confirmation that small group classes (up to six people) can run in our studio on the campus of Cornwall College in our Covid safe classroom with social distancing in place.
There is still the risk of government restrictions so our cancellation policy reflects this.
Until further notice, if you book a class by either paying a deposit, paying by instalments or paying in full you will get a full refund of payment(s) made in the following circumstances:-
- If you have to cancel your place because you contract Covid 19 and have to self isolate during the time the class/course will run or reasonable travel time to Cornwall.
- Having someone living in the same place as you test positive for Covid 19 and having to self isolate.
- If CSACJ have to move the class dates and you cannot commit to the new dates.
- If the government prohibits travel away from your home in your local area.
- If the government imposes restrictions which prevent people traveling to Cornwall.
Classes running in 2021
If you are booked on a class – or you book a place on a class – running after 19th July 2021, NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN unless you fall into one of the categories above, our normal cancellation policy will be reinstated once the government lift restrictions.
In the event that CSACJ have to cancel a class, you will get a full refund in line with our normal policy. Please note – We will give you as much notice as possible, however, we cannot be held responsible for your travel or accommodation costs.
Coupons offering a discount are only valid for the specific classes, courses or products specified. They have a limited life and once they have expired they can no longer be used. Once a class, course or product is sold out, the coupon can no longer be used for that item. Full payment is required at the point of booking. Once a discounted class or course has been booked and paid for, it is subject to our standard cancellation policy. In the event that a class or course is cancelled by CSACJ, a refund will be given for the amount paid, not the full value of the class.
Cancellation Policy – currently suspended until 19th July 2021, see above
Places on our courses and classes are limited. Please check the dates and class or course content BEFORE booking as we regret that we cannot offer refunds or transfers to another date on any of our courses if you are unable to attend the date you have booked for any reason. You may request to transfer your place to someone else you know, just let us know the attendees name has changed and their email address so we can send them the joining instructions.
If you are booked on a class or course and you do not turn up on the day for any reason, no refund will be given.
Please always phone to let us know if you can’t attend or are going to be late.
Please note, if you secure your place on a class by paying a deposit, the deposit you paid is non-refundable. Every instalment payment made is also non-refundable.
Our class descriptions on the website explain the content of the class, the level of previous experience required and any additional costs or purchases you may incur in attending the class. It is your responsibility to ensure you book on a relevant class and fully understand what is involved, additional costs you will have to pay and our terms and conditions before you book. By booking and paying for a class, you confirm your agreement to these these terms.
Health and Safety Rules
If you turn up and we consider you to be incapable of working safely due to alcohol, drugs or general ill-health or fatigue, you will be excluded from the class with no refund. We reserve the right to exclude any student we feel may be a danger to themselves or other students.
All our classes are professionally run and most involve hot work – butane or propane torches – chemicals and/or acids, spinning equipment and heavy tools. Students must come dressed appropriately for this environment. Closed in shoes, NO SANDALS, FLIP FLOPS ETC are allowed in the studio. Floaty, flammable fabrics should not be worn, dangling sleeves, scarves etc are also a hazard. Aprons are available in the studio to protect your clothes but it is prudent to wear clothes you are not worried about getting dirty.
Some activities require you to wear protective goggles and/or masks. All health and safety rules must be observed at all times. If you arrive at the studio wearing inappropriate clothes or open shoes/sandals you will not be allowed to participate in activities involving hot work, chemicals or heavy tools. This is for your safety so please ensure you have a professional approach when you attend our classes.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance and check if this covers the class costs should you have to cancel.
If we have to cancel a class or course
Occasionally we may have to cancel a course. You will always be offered the choice of an alternative date or a refund. We will give you as much notice as possible, however, we cannot be held responsible for your travel or accommodation costs.
When you book a place you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.
Gift vouchers are valid for one year from the date they are issued. They cannot be exchanged for cash and must be used to buy classes, courses or products as detailed on the voucher. Any extra balance due once a gift voucher has been used must be paid at the point of sale.
Gift vouchers can only be used to buy classes or courses running at CSACJ in the St Austell studio. They are not valid for Julia’s online classes running through other organisations or classes taught by Julia at other venues.
Gift Vouchers for Video Reviews
CSACJ offer gift vouchers for 25% off classes valid for two years if you submit a video review of your experience on a class with us. This is subject to these terms and conditions:-
- This offer applies to video reviews freely given and uploaded to this CSACJ Dropbox link only.
- Only the person submitting the video review will be able to use the discount voucher as it will be linked to their email address. If you have an online account with CSACJ, please use the same email as your account.
- The 25% discount voucher can ONLY be used when you book and pay for a class (or classes) in full online through the CSACJ website.
- Once you have used the voucher, it will expire, it is a one-time-use discount of 25% on classes only.
- You can book a place (or places) on more than one class and get 25% discount on each one using the voucher code but they must all be booked and paid for in one transaction.
- You must pay the discounted price online in full at the time of booking. No deferred payments, instalment payments or alternative payment methods are available if you take advantage of this offer.
- If you are already booked on a class or course and have paid in full, you cannot use the voucher retrospectively.
- If you have already paid a deposit for a course, you cannot use the voucher code to pay the balance. You may find that you still save money if you cancel your existing booking, forfeit your deposit and book a place using the discount voucher but this is up to you to calculate. And if you cancel your existing place on a course, it will be available for someone else to book so think carefully before doing this!
- Anyone already paying by instalments is not eligible to use this voucher code. Sorry!
- You cannot combine this voucher code with any other discount voucher you may have.
- All payments are subject to our current booking terms and conditions.
The content of this website and all information given to you by the Cornwall School of Art, Craft and Jewellery is for your general use and information only. We reserve the right to change any of our content at any time. The Cornwall School of Art, Craft and Jewellery is not liable for any use of the website or reliance on the content, nor are we liable if the website is unavailable for any reason. The Cornwall School of Art, Craft and Jewellery is a company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Address: Cornwall School of Art, Craft and Jewellery, 4, Goonbarrow Meadow, Bugle, Cornwall PL26 8FW.